Tuesday 7 May 2013

Addicted to Gelli - Part One

If I am being totally honest, I couldn't get too excited about this new fangled Gelli plate, but I don't like to be left behind, so I thought I would buy one.  I got the smaller size and it sat in the wrapper for quite a while before I opened it and had a go......WOW!  I had so much fun!!  I felt like a proper artist, this is the first card I did - for the Clarity DT, for the May show on C&C.

Douglas and the Umbrella.

It is recommended to use Acrylic paints with the Gelli plate, so I treated myself to the Introduction set from Clarity, fished out an old brayer and off I went.

  • For the background, I used blue, black, white and a tiny bit of brown, squeezed them all onto the plate and spread them all over with the brayer, to add a bit of interest, I wrapped an elastic band round the roller first.
  • Once the paint was spread evenly, I dabbed some bubble wrap over patches.
  • Place your card over the plate and smooth over to pick up all the paint.
  • I loved the effect!
  • I did another, smaller bit in the same way, but with a bit more brown - I used this piece to stamp on
  • Once all the paint was dry, I stamped Douglas and the umbrella from the Clarity characters set and the words from the Happy Words set in versa mark and embossed with lovely silver/black embossing powder from Crafty Notions
  • Then I simply tore everything to the size I wanted and matted onto dark grey card, then onto the white base card
  • Add some white card candy
  • Voila!!

  •  

5 comments:

  1. All sounds like an excuse to buy more card stuff to me!! But as long as you're having fun that's what matters! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rumbled me!! How did you figure that out? :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Janet, I haven't got my head around the Gelli Plate yet but you seem to have mastered it so well !x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hellen, it is really good fun! Looking forward to seeing you soon

      Delete
  3. this is great Janet, love the colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx