Sunday 2 June 2013

Dance like no-one is watching

Hello from Switzerland, I have been sitting in a cloud up in the Alps, but I am due to come home tomorrow, so obviously the weather is due to improve. I haven't seen the Clarity shows yet, but thought I would share one of the samples with you...

I was delighted to get this stamp!  I love it, don't know why, but it just speaks to me.  It is part of the 'All that Jazz' set from Clarity.  This is the Jazz Montage stamp

This card is basically very simple. but takes some care to get a good result.
The main image is stamped with versa mark ink on to the shiny black Clarity card and dusted with a mixture of Perfect Pearls - Easy huh?
Well, the issue with this is that there is a lot of detail in this stamp and to keep that, you have to blot on to copy paper before you stamp on the black card, but you have to blot the right amount otherwise you don't get enough ink!  You also have to dust the card with talc first, so the powders don't stick where you don't want them.  It took me a couple of goes to get the colours the way I liked them.
The side panel is made by inking a spare piece of the black card with versa mark and dusting with the same colours of perfect pearls, then die cutting three diamonds
The music across the background is a die cut
Hope you like it
Janet x

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Janet, and a great stamp. Hope you get to see something other than cloud before you head home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, this is such a fabulous stamp and I love the way you have used it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Switzerland and safe journey home...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful Janet. I hope that you get to see some of the beautiful scenery before you come home. Hope you have a good journey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx