Sunday 12 January 2014

Heart of flowers

Happy Sunday folks,


I hope you are all having a fab weekend!  I am off to do a bit of card-making with a group of friends this afternoon.  We usually have a good time - lots of chat too!


Today's card is one of those that is very simple in design, but it needs to be perfect or it will look awful!  The main issue is with speckles from embossing powder - I used gold embossing powder on black card - a recipe for disaster unless you can get rid of the specks - especially if it gets shown on TV when they are magnified!!
So the answer is lots of anti-static on the card before you start - I have found that talc works better than the anti-static pads.  The only trouble is that it leaves your black card looking grey, so you have to give it a polish after you have heated the powder, but make sure it has time to cool and set first, otherwise you smudge the image (ask me how I know....)



So having embossed the heart stamp and the words in gold, I just coloured in with mica paints - the iridescent ones that all look a slightly different shade of white until you put them on dark card.


The gold edge is done with a gold krylon pen and the corners are decorated with gold nail heads.



Once again apologies for the strange layout - I am having problems loading photos on to the blog - the normal link I use has stopped working and I am trying (not very successfully!!) to find other ways.  This all started when I got the latest version of Internet Explorer - I think it isn't properly compatible with blogger!
Anyway, I hope you like the card, there is a better picture on my facebook page.
Both stamps used are from Claritystamp - the heart is called Garden Heart
and the words are the Kind Heart Verse They are from a poem:


Kind hearts are the gardens,
Kind thoughts are the roots,
 Kind words are the flowers,
Kind deeds are the fruits,
Take care of your garden
And keep out the weeds,
Fill it with sunshine,
Kind words, and Kind deeds.”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882)


Nice
Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend
Janet xx





9 comments:

  1. love it Janet love that stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Janet. You're very brave doing gold on black!!!!
    I was having trouble with blogger but since I moved to Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer it's been better!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, both of these stamps are on my wishlist x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly effective Janet! So precise, not sure I could achieve that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Janet, not sure I would have been brave enough to emboss the words! I love the stamp though, will have to go on the wish list - and we did have fun this afternoon, have just finished one card off

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Janet and yes like the rest of the ladies I am impressed how brave you are with gold on black...hope you have had a good afternoon...and a good week ahead....x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, another beautiful card Janet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx