Saturday 8 March 2014

Vintage blossom

Morning all!

Yay!  It's the weekend! I hope you have something lovely planned....a bit of time in the garden maybe?

Today's card is made with the lovely cherry blossom set that Barbara showed on the TV last weekend - isn't it a beautiful set of stamps!

So you know how usually it takes me ages to make a card, because they are often very simple designs which have to be perfect, so I chuck loads in the bin before I get it right?  Well, this card was the exact opposite!  It was the Thursday morning before the show on Sunday, so I had to get the cards posted that day and I really hadn't made as many as I would have liked, so I decided to make a couple of quick cards!
I did the first one with the blue tits and blossom, but that took longer than I really wanted, because of all the colouring, so I was getting in a bit of a panic about the second card....

This was the one I came up with

It is all done on cream card with distress inkpads.
I blended some brown ink down one side, then added a bit of blue at the top of the other side and a bit of green at the bottom and a bit of pink across the centre.

I stamped the lovely script stamp along the side I shaded brown -ink, blot, plot to get a more faded effect

I stamped the blossoms in place with a dark brown, then colour in using the same inks as I'd coloured the card with

Stamp a couple of corners in place
Shade round the edges with brown
Add a tiny bit of  clear wink of stella to the blossom
Mount onto kraft card and tear the edges
Stick it all to the base card
et Voila!  one of my favourite cards and really quick to do!


Hope you like it too!  Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Janet xx

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Sometimes it is the simplest designs that are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, lovely distressed look , off to revise my shopping list for Harrogate.........again! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my faves too Janet. I love the vintage look to it; it works so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was one of my faves. goes to show that beautiful cards don't have to be complicated xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx