Thursday 19 June 2014

Acrylic flower

Good morning folks,

Happy Thursday to you!  I hope you are having a good day.  I have a hectic few days coming up!  I am off work for a while but I have a workshop today, a trip to Crowborough for the Clarity open day on Friday and another workshop on Sunday - I've taken Monday off to recover!

Today's card is made using the new filigraphy flower stencil from Clarity and the filigraphy foliage stamp set.  These two work together and if you stamp the stamps into the equivalent space on the stencil, you get a fabulous filigraphy effect.


For this card, I used the stamp in the background.  I added open acrylic paint to my gelli plate, then stamped into it with the foliage stamps to lift the paint - I pulled the print

I placed the flower stencil over the top and sponged more paint through

I added ribbon and a couple of buttons before mounting it up

Thanks for stopping by

Janet xxx

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Janet, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds quite a complicated technique but I love the finished results! Hope you have a nice few days off even if they are busy!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the colours Janet, and it's a great background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background technique, looks really good. I'm going to have to find the gelli plate again now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Janet. I'm now wondering if you have the complete set of open acrylics though? I know how you like a set. lol
    I hope you have a great time at the Open Day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Janet, great gelli plate background, really effective. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Janet just popped over from Christine's blog. You have such beautiful card designs! I do mostly sewing but love making simple tags-your ideas are very inspiring! Best wishes Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx