Thursday 5 June 2014

Horse and Plough

Good morning Bloggers,

So far, it is a lovely morning here in rural Norfolk - although rain is predicted later....
This is the first of my sample cards for this month.  I love heavy horses, I think they are magnificent- we have several places around here where we can see them in action.  My favourite is the Suffolk Punch - they are not the tallest, but they may be the widest!  They are always a beautiful Chesnut colour (spelt without the 't').  When I saw this stamp, I thought I would have a go at turning them into Suffolk Punches - I don't think they are too bad - especially if you squint a bit!!

The  'God speed the Plough' stamp set was shown with a lovely ploughed field stencil, which would have worked well with it - but I wanted to try it with the fab woodland stencil (which is one of my favourites!)

I also used a darker card to work on, rather than white, just for a change.  I created the fields using the good old torn paper mask trick and Espresso ink
Denim for the sky, with a bit of Espresso round the edges
Stamp with archival ink (I can't remember if I used black or a dark brown)
Colour with watercolour paint
Tear round the edge of the card and ink with Espresso - mount on to brown card
I like to add a squiggly line or two round the edge
Stamp the verse with brown, then tear and ink that and add to the card
Hope you like it
Thanks very much for visiting, hope to see you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Suffolks Janet - and I can't stop using that stencil either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The horses are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Janet, and I think the horses look just perfect...hope you are well....hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one Janet. It was my favourite of yours from the weekend. Such a beautiful scene with a lovely vintage feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Janet. This stencil is very versatile. I did ponder about buying that stamp set, but I think you have convinced me that I need to put it on my never ending wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx