Saturday 22 November 2014

In the pink.....

Good morning all!
Happy Weekend!!  They come round quickly don't they?  (Mind you, so do Mondays!)  Looks like another wet one here, which is ideal weather for making cards, which is just as well as I have loads to do.  I have to prep for the Claritystampers East workshops next weekend and also start on the new DT cards - some fab new stamps and stencils coming up....!

In the mean time, here are a couple of cards from the last show, using a lovely style stamps and stencils - I like the idea that the stamp and stencil work so well together..


The background is done using the umbrella stencil, inked through with different colours
I placed the dress stencil over the top and added grunge paste, left it to dry then sponged ink over that and finally stamped over the top
I ran a fine black line round the outside of the grunge paste to make the dress stand out from the background
I also squiggled a line round the edge of the card and coloured in the centres of the umbrellas










For the second card, I inked through the shoe stencil, and added the words, then cut it out.  I added versamark ink over the whole thing and used crystal embossing powder.  I repeated this a couple of times to give it a sparkly look (which doesn't show well here!)
I added it to the scene with 'Lily'
As always, all stamps and stencils used are from Claritystamp Ltd

Thanks very much for visiting and I hope you have a great weekend!
Janet xx






3 comments:

  1. Hello Janet! Very pretty cards again... I like the shoe particularly but I like these cards with the words on very much! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that umbrella stencil is ace. lovely cards xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx