Tuesday 23 December 2014

Happy Christmas Eve Eve x

Good evening all,

How is it all going?  I have sent my cards, bought all the pressies and thrown a bit of tinsel around the house so it looks vaguely Christmassy... I have received some very lovely hand made cards this year, I always enjoy it when I get a handmade one rather than a bought one, I suppose it is because we know how much care and work has gone into them, don't we?

This card is one I made a few years ago, but it is very special because I entered it in the monthly Clarity challenge (before I was in the DT) before it was a blog and it won that month.  I was so thrilled!!

It is all about stamping and colouring, I just masked a couple of strips to do the background

I decided to phase the colouring and did one side red and the other side green and overlapped a bit in the middle. There is a bit of glitter in there too.

I can't remember what the colouring on the bark of the tree is.  there is an outline tree and a silhouette tree, so maybe I inked up the silhouette and  kiss stamped it before adding it to the outline tree and then coloured over the top.

There are lots of little holly stamps from Clarity that could be used for the background stamping.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope your Christmas prep is going well!
Janet xx

2 comments:

  1. My favourite of your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Janet, hope you have a very Happy Christmas , lots of love from our house to yours....xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx