Thursday 26 February 2015

Easton workshop

Hello folks,

Yay!  It's Thursday!  My day off work, so I've done the boring old housework bit, doing a quick blog, then I'm off to design some cards for a workshop.  Luckily it is chucking it down with rain, so I don't feel guilty about neglecting the garden!

These are some cards we did at the Easton craft group last Thursday evening, all using Claritystamps of course....

The first card is similar to one I've shown on here before, but ~I didn't say how it was done, so here goes...
Attach the very lovely stencil to a piece of square card, then using torn paper masks, add some grass and sky.
With the stencil still in place, draw all round it with a fine black pen.
Remove the stencil, then colour in the tree with distress markers
Stamp some of the fab Wee Folk in place.
Use the fine black pen to run across the layers of grass, then add another line (A squiggly one!) round the outer edge of the circle and colour in the spaces you create.
I printed the words out, then mat a layer everything

For the next card, I started by colouring a piece of linen card with distress inks, cut up into squares, then stamp the solid image from the floral bouquet set on four of the squares, I blotted the image first to give a faded look
The main square is a bit bigger than the others, I stamped the line art image on this, then carefully bleached out the colour from the flower petals (using actual bleach!).  I coloured the leaves green, then once all the ink was dry, I used the solid image to stamp versa mark over the top and added sparkly embossing powder, so the flower ends up sparkly and the background remains matt
Mount all the squares on black card, then stamp the base card round the edge with the line art stamp and arrange as you like.
Add gems to the flower centres as a finishing touch

I'll be quick with this one..
~Use the moon masks from Clarity to brush ink through to make lots of circles,
Stamp the greeting on a strip of parchment and attach it to your spotty background
Attach a flower!

Have a wonderful day
Janet xx

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Janet. I love how you've done the tree in the first one. It looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet! More lovely cards! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great cards Janet, lucky ladies...have a lovely weekend...and looking forward to seeing your samples on Sunday...xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx