Friday 6 February 2015

The Wee Folk

Hello Folks,

Sorry it has been so long since my last blog, I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself!  I had just about got over the horrible sore throat/chest infection virus that has been going round, then I got a cold, so I am feeling very washed out.  I know in the overall scheme of things, this isn't the end of the world, but I am fed up of it!!

These cards are all done exactly the same way, just with different arrangement of the bits!  We did this at the Claritystampers East workshop.

 We started with two A5 pieces of Claritycard and brayered two colours on each card (the good thing is that it doesn't have to be brilliant brayering!!)  Spritz the card with water, then put cling film over the top ans squish the ink around, then leave to dry.

 Once dry, remove the cling film.
Use one piece for the background and the strip across the centre, mat both these pieces on black.

Cut three squares from the other piece of A5, then stamp with the wee folk, with a fine black pen, draw squiggly line and dots to finish the scene
Mount the square on black , then spend a bit of time arranging the bits on the card before sticking together


The stamps used are the very lovely Wee Folk stamps (set 2) from Claritystamps

Have a great weekend
Janet xxx






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love the background technique and now I'm sold on the wee folk, thanks for sharing, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards. Hope you feel better very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Janet! I love these cards!! They are really cute! Hope you are feeling a bit more lively now!! Looking forward to seeing you in March! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Janet, the WeeFolk stamps are brilliant...I really hope you are feeling much better..have a relaxing weekend...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are really stunning cards. love their simplicity xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Janet. I love them all. Colours are Fab too. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely beautiful cards and have given me some great inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stamps
    Y like this but y live in Belgium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Akkina, I am sure Clarity will send things abroad - see their website http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/
      Thank you for your comment xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful stamps
    Y like this but y live in Belgium

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx