Sunday 14 June 2015

Chrysanthemums and Gelatos

Good morning and happy Sunday to you!

Today's card is one I did with the ladies at the Diva Red workshop last Saturday.  I treated myself to some Gelatos - these are water soluble wax 'crayons' and are great fun to play with.  I used them in  three different ways on this card


1.  For the background to the flowers, I scribbled the colour on watercolour card, then spritzed with water and used a brush to blend the colour.  You do need to blend quite quickly after you've applied the colour to get it to blend.
2. For the Chrysanthemums I stamped them in place, then stamped a spare one on a separate piece of watercolour paper.  I added little bits of colour directly from the crayon then blended with a waterbrush.  I also added extra colour picking colour up directly from the crayon onto the brush
3.  For the background, I used leather effect card and applied colour round the edge and blended with my finger.  Just do a small area at a time, so you blend soon after you've applied the colour.

I cut out my spare flower and added it over the top of the others once it was mounted.

All stamps used are from Claritystamp Ltd
Have a lovely day, whatever you are doing
Thanks for visiting,
Janet xxx


10 comments:

  1. Another lovely card Janet! Hope you are having a nice weekend too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colours, and great effect on the leather card - remember doing a different version of this with promarkers - you're much better with gelatos than me, I soon gave up and went back to the pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card. i love gelatos and mainly i like to apply them with my fingers which i dampen prior to picking up colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa, good tip! I didn't think of dampening my finger first!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx