Saturday 18 July 2015

Black and White Christmas in July

Good morning and happy weekend to you,

It looks like another lovely day here.  I have been lucky recently, it has been raining while I'm at work and sunny on my days off. (so many times it is the other way round!!)

Today, I will be mostly preparing for the workshops over the next two weekends, will we be getting Groovi...?

Today's card is one of the ones I did for the last TV show.  It was very surreal...Barbara brought all the stamps with her to France, so we could work on them while we were there, which was brilliant.  So on the longest and hottest day of the year, there we were making Christmas cards!
I had taken my Zentangle gear with me (a pen, pencil, blender and card - not a big kit!) with the intention of doing some serious relaxing, so when I got the fab ribbon Merry Christmas stamp, I knew it just had to be tangled!

I stamped the Merry Christmas in black archival, then spent a wonderful few hours just taking my time, sitting outside in the sun, with my fine black pen, tangling patterns in the letters.  I also outlined all the letters too.  Then I used a lovely smudgy pencil and added some shading.
I wanted to use the stars from the Christmas Sprig and Decorations set so I decided to add a border across the top. I drew two lines, then filled them in and added the stars and a bauble from the set.
The lovely elf is from the brilliant Christmas Wee Folk set 7
I did add a bit of glitter to the stars.
Not really one to do if you have to make a huge batch of cards, but if you want to sit and relax, it is a perfect thing to do.
Enjoy your weekend and I hope the sun is shining on you!
Janet xxx

9 comments:

  1. Great card Janet! Love the tangling!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely card Janet - don't know how you had the patience to do all that tangling though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience personified Janet. A lovely card, I love all the little extras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love seeing your Zentangling Janet. It really transforms the stamp and the border is fab too. I can just picture you sitting there in France doing it. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up in blogland Janet, love this card, so classy...and stylish...love your Tangling.....have a good week...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx