Thursday 26 November 2015

Starry tree

Hello folks and happy Thursday to you.

Today's cards are the last of my samples for Barbara's show.  I used two stencils for this, the Christmas Tree and Starry background from the festive set of stencils for the first card, and the holly background from the same set.  

 The first card is done by using the inner part of the stencil and adding ink to it, then spritzing and picking up the ink on watercolour card.  I used the same colours of ink on my craft mat and spritzed, then pick up the colour to create a more solid background.
I also splattered some ink on the tree image too.
Once everything was dry, I put the other part of the stencil over the image, then put the starry background over that and sponged some ink through, I also added some glitter glue with the stencil in place, so it was just on the stars.
I used the same ink to sponge through the stars onto the background piece, then added the main image to one side.





For the second card, I added some background colour to a piece of card, then used grunge paste through the Holly background.  Once it was dry, I added more ink and red glitter on the berries and added the words on a separate piece of card.

Thanks very much for visiting
Janet xxx

10 comments:

  1. Something different but still Christmassy, lovely designs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Janet. Love the colours on the first one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great techniques Janet, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the style of both of these cards Janet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely again Janet. - really prefer the starry stencil to the stamp on the tree, love the holly card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great cards Janet, hope you had a lovely weekend...hugs. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx