Monday 29 May 2017

Floral Spring and Brusho

Hello everyone,
I hope you are enjoying the bank holiday weekend.  It has been hot and sunny here in Norfolk, I hope it has for you too.  It is good to get out in the garden, the down side is that my eyelids have swollen and I look terrible, I think I have reacted to something!
Anyway, I have also been preparing some cards for upcoming Clarity workshops, so I won't show you those just yet, but I will share some I made for Rossella's shows a couple of weeks ago.


I was a bit short on time (again!) for these, so I had a rummage through my prepared backgrounds and found this brusho one - I am pretty sure this was just the black sprinkled and spritzed, then dabbed.  One half was lighter than the other, so I made that the ground and stamped the Floral Hare in place.  I masked off the bottom with torn copy paper and stamped the little Floral Grass along the paper, avoiding the hare.
I added a bit of shadow under the hare, and a black line along the bottom edge of the grasses, then sat and coloured in all the tiny flowers, this is lovely to do - very relaxing!  I inked round the edges and mounted on black.



The second card is a bit brighter and more spring-like.  I simply stamped and coloured...

The main stamps all come from the Floral Figures set

The word 'Spring' is  an NDC stamp from a while ago

and the birds come from the tiny wee folk sets that were with the outline stamps.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have sunshine where you are today
Janet xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love this set and these cards are beautiful, such a contrast. Hope you have some antihistamines and your eyes are ok x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, my eyes are improving a bit now xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx