Wednesday 13 September 2017

Cogs, Clocks and Flowers

Good evening to you!

I had to be very careful typing the title to this! Clogs and cocks would be a whole different thing! Pictures of hens in clogs......hahaha.

This is one of the cards I did for Maria's show a while back.  I was really pleased to get the Cogs and Clocks stamp set, something a bit different and obviously good for men's cards, but I decided to go pink and floral.
 This is simple to do..
Stamp the clock face and mask it.  Stamp the cogs and swirls around it.  I kept to a pink and grey theme.
Add a few splodges by inking on to acetate then placing on the card.
I added one of the lovely new paper flowers and leaves from Clarity.
Mat onto matching card and add a few gems
Resist the temptation to add anything else!!
Sorry the picture is a bit blurry, the flower meant it didn't scan brilliantly well

This is the more masculine version..
Stamp the clock tower and mask, stamp the clock face over the top
Use a rectangle to mask over the stamped images then blend brown and blue inks all round.
Stamp the various cogs and swirls in different colour blues and browns
Remove the masks, edge the rectangle frame with a fine brown pen
Add a tiny bit of colour to the tower with pencils
Mat on to brown card

Clocks and cogs
Blossom Pink Paper Flowers

Thanks very much for visiting
Janet xxx

1 comment:

  1. They are both lovely, but I reallylove the first one (can I just remind you that it's my birthday in February!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx