Sunday 3 September 2017

Starry leaf

Good afternoon,
It has been a nice relaxing day today, although I still have a lot to get done.  I have a workshop in Lowestoft tomorrow which should be good fun, I will post the cards from the day soon.  This card is one from a TV show recently, using the Holly Leaf outline stamp set and the Christmas Stars stencil

I started with a painted background which was in my stash.
I stamped the leaf, then masked it and placed the stencil over the top.  I used orange ink to sponge through the stars and circle, then added a touch of yellow towards the tops of the stars.
I removed the stencil then with a black fine line pen, I did lots of edging.  I roughly went round the edges of the leaf several times and round the stars and circles.  I also added some lines and circles with the spreading tool and a lid from a spritzer bottle.
Before removing the leaf mask, add a little black ink round the edges
Remove the leaf mask and add the little scene and highlight with a white pen.
I hope you like this, I am off to get packed for tomorrw and sort out more cards for the Claritystampers East workshop next weekend - it's all go here!
Thanks very much for visiting, Janet xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx