Thursday 19 October 2017

Autumn Leaves

Good evening,

I thought it was about time I blogged again.  Sorry it has been a while.  I was out gardening at the weekend - that takes its toll these days.... I used to be able to work all day, have a bath and feel fine.  These days I can hardly walk afterwards!  I shouldn't really do such a long spell, but it was a very rare non-workshop weekend with good weather, so I thought I'd better make the most of it.
I cleared 9 big bags of undergrowth, so the garden looks better and I can move again., so it's all good.

There is a definite autumn feel now, so today's card is one from Maria's show last time using the lovely leaves stencils and stamps sets


I started with the background, I blended Golden Turmeric ink all over stencil card, then blended various colours through the leaf stencils.
I used the same colour inks to blend on another piece of card, then stamped three of each of the leaves and cut them out.
I stamped the verse on another piece of the blended card and cut that out and mounted it on matching card.
I assembled it all on the base card.

Sycamore leaves 1 + Stencil
Maple Leaves 2 + stencil
Mulberry Leaves 3 + stencil
Oak Leaves 4 + Stencil

Thanks for visiting,
Janet xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx