Saturday 30 December 2017

Best Wishes for 2018

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.  I spent the day with my brother and his family, we had a fab time.  He had also invited a friend and her family and she told me about a lady called Iris who visits my blog every day, so Hello to Iris and thank you for visiting.  Sorry I don't update it very regularly!

The card today is one of the ones I did for the Maria's last TV show, made using the lovely Art Nouveau stamps.  These are lovely designs very much in the Rennie Mackintosh style.
Stamp set used: Art Nouveau Best Wishes and Thank You
Stencil used: Abstract Squares 2




I stamped the image  and coloured with promarkers, keeping to a simple colour scheme of green, grey and orange.
I tore round the image and inked the edges with  green ink.
Add a few gems.
For the background, I chose colours that matched my colouring and added some orange ink to a piece of acetate, spritz with water and add to the card, repeat for green ink.
Once that is dry, I add some grey ink through the   stencil
Stamp the Best Wishes on a separate piece of card and cut out.
I had a spare flower from a bit that had gone wrong, so I cut that out and added it to the card.
Assemble all the pieces on the background card and add some gems and spots of paint to finish.
I did mount it onto a green card, but that seems to have been cropped out of the photo.
Thank you all for visiting, I wish you all a very happy and peaceful 2018
Janet xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I appreciate and enjoy reading them all xxx